Saturday, November 9, 2019

6-Month MRI Results from Russia!


I have finally been back to Moscow to get my follow-up MRI done and to get the results. I will talk about the results in more detail in a future post. Here is the GoFundMe page update that I gave:

As you all know, I have PPMS (Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis), had stem cell treatment (HSCT) six months ago in Russia (Moscow), and have returned for my follow-up MRI scan. Which I had today, and met with the doctor on the same day to discuss the results.
So the news is good - Dr F. gave my brain a clean bill of health - no new lesions and no increase in size of lesions. All inactive. He seems to think there is no reason it shouldn't stay that way for the rest of my life. I'll take that for now! (I'm not cured, but progression has so far stopped.)
Just need to stay healthy in body and in mind.
Thanks for all of your well-wishing, and a massive debt of gratitude to those who kindly donated to my appeal! I literally owe my health to you. I am writing from my hotel in Moscow thinking that I am so lucky to have had the help from y'all that I did. I obviously hope that this brain health maintains and that I can do all the things - well, most of them - that I had wanted to do with my life before diagnosis.
I'm going to have a celebratory beer (coz that keeps me healthy in mind, I'm sure). I think you should all have a celebratory drink (or cupcake) too for being generally awesome. Well, very specifically awesome.
 
Basically, you're just awesome. Big love and eternal thanks. Well, hopefully, 40-odd years of thanks that if I keep banging on will feel eternal.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Covid Jap Update - An Overdue Post!

 I actually recorded this ages ago but forgot to post it. Hey ho! had both jabs some time back for Covid - Astra Zeneca - but had quite an a...