Sunday, May 5, 2019

My Second Blood/Liver/Kidney Tests

Here are the second blood results I have had from blood taken at the beginning of last week (Monday - it's Sunday now). There are some interesting changes that I will talk briefly about.

Here, my red blood cell count and proportion of blood volume (hematocrit) has improved and is getting really close now to that "normal" range.  This is good news as they are closer now than on the previous tests.

My platelets have also returned to the normal range, which is fab.

Unfortunately, one stat has turned up "abnormal" that was last time "normal" - my red blood cell distribution width. I asked the  HSCT forum about this and was rightfully told not to worry so much - stats go up up and down, it's all part of the recovery. From reading around a bit, it could be connected to the liver, and a hangover from when my liver was a little off in the last results. I was just a bit worried because it seems to have spiked.

The bigger shame is that my lymphocyte count is down, which I see as reflective of my immunity overall. This has moved from 0.7 to 0.6 over a week where the normal range starts at 1.0. You can never rest on your laurels and take for granted where you are at. I will have to make sure that I am still as careful as I can be. I feel I am relaxing back into my normal life and routines but my body isn't yet ready for that, even if it feels like it is.

The great thing is that the rest of my stats are within the normal ranges for each individual reading. That includes my liver functioning that was a little bit off last time but is now spot on. So all in all, I should be pretty happy about that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Covid Jap Update - An Overdue Post!

 I actually recorded this ages ago but forgot to post it. Hey ho! had both jabs some time back for Covid - Astra Zeneca - but had quite an a...