Friday, April 12, 2019

Did it make any difference?

The problem with changing so many things at the same time, in terms of testing things scientifically, is that you don't know which of the variables has any effect, if any. I changed quite a large amount to my lifestyle at the same time and I'm not sure which, if any, of these things had an effect on me. I am fairly sure that I made the right decision to change my lifestyle because I lost some considerable weight and felt a lot healthier.

The question is: did any of this slow down my progression into further PPMS. The answer? I don't know. I can't compare myself to an alternative model who hadn't changed all of those variables. I am, however, confident that I made the right decision in changing my lifestyle. I'm happy to have become vegan (plus fish) as I'm sure this is healthier and the change wasn't in any way painful. In fact, it is particularly easy to become a vegan in Britain these days. There are so many substitutes and so many vegan food types that becoming a vegan isn't that much of a challenge. It's all in the head.

As far as whether I had slowed down any progression in my multiple sclerosis, I like to think I probably had done by changing all the things that I did. But that's just a hunch. It's not like all those things would have been negative effects on my body. The science shows that all of those changes that I made would have been at least partially beneficial.

And yes, we bought:

Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for Living Well on a Low Saturated Fat Diet







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Covid Jap Update - An Overdue Post!

 I actually recorded this ages ago but forgot to post it. Hey ho! had both jabs some time back for Covid - Astra Zeneca - but had quite an a...