Thursday, April 25, 2019

My Walking

One of the things I am obviously interested in is looking at each of my symptoms of MS and seeing if they, straight after the HSCT treatment, improve or worsen. One of the most prevalent aspects for me to consider is my walking. At EDSS 3.5 (though the Russian neurologist diagnosed me as EDSS at 4), my walking has always been okay, though my range had been getting smaller before my treatment. I could walk my boys to school okay at a range of just over 1000m, but by the end of the walk back, I was weaving a lot and was pretty much done. I would collapse into the sofa back at home.

Now, after treatment, I feel considerably weaker. As I keep mentioning, this is a mixture of the deconditioning of my muscles as well as weakness from the treatment. It is certainly important for me to keep exercising to build up my muscles and capabilities. I do about 20 minutes or more of yoga every day and the short walk that you will see in the video that I am increasing marginally each day.


It's a start...

In this video, you get to see me walking. Yeah, it's that interesting! No, I give you some context and commentary, too. It's evidence for me of where I am at the moment and acts as a benchmark to compare against in the coming months and years. Anywho, here is a video of me walking and talking about me walking from an MS point of view.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Covid Jap Update - An Overdue Post!

 I actually recorded this ages ago but forgot to post it. Hey ho! had both jabs some time back for Covid - Astra Zeneca - but had quite an a...