Friday, April 12, 2019

Seeing the NHS neurologist

The nearest neurologist and I could see was in Winchester and, after my initial diagnosis in August, I was able to see him in November. Again, he gave me a physical examination and we talked through my symptoms. He was also able to analyse the MRI scan that I had done privately. He concluded, with my age and the position of my lesions, that I most likely had Primary Progressive Multiple sclerosis.

Although this wasn't a massive shock to me, it was certainly the worst of the two evils. 15% of sufferers have PPMS and the symptoms accumulate and worsen without ever going into remission.

types_all

Of course, the depressing thing from PPM S that there is no treatment on the NHS. There are no drugs that are available to try and alleviate the condition. As a result, I had to look elsewhere.
Enter stage right HSCT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Covid Jap Update - An Overdue Post!

 I actually recorded this ages ago but forgot to post it. Hey ho! had both jabs some time back for Covid - Astra Zeneca - but had quite an a...