Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Stem Cell Extraction Machine Explained; and a Documentary Team!

The video below, Julianne (Frank's girlfriend – he is my HSCT buddy from next door) explains how the machine that extracts send stem cells from your blood works. 

Although she is not a qualified member of the HSCT team, she is a fish biologist and so therefore knows her stuff… I think… Perhaps…

Anyway, she does a pretty good job of explaining exactly how the machine that is extracting my stem cells during the video works.

For me, it took three days of extraction to get the right amount of stem cells from my body. The stimulation process didn't give me any pain at all and the extraction process was likewise pain-free. There really was no issue with any of these stages as far as being uncomfortable or giving me any sort of pain was concerned. This might not be the case for everyone as some people sometimes feel aching bones during the stimulation process. However, I'm fairly sure that the extraction process is fairly benign for most people.



The other thing that happened was a documentary team came in to interview me. They liked what I said the first time so much they came in for a second crack of the whip. I'm really happy I had this opportunity to speak to them because I feel really strongly about HSCT and feel it should be front and centre stage of every treatment pathway for every single MS sufferer in the world. You can read my rants here about how I feel concerning these ideas. This documentary was very much along those sorts of lines. Jay Blakenfeld's wife had had the treatment in Mexico herself and he decided to make a documentary to try to question why HSCT wasn't and isn't the first port of call for every neurologist and haematologist who deals with every MS sufferer. Damned good luck to him and his team...





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Covid Jap Update - An Overdue Post!

 I actually recorded this ages ago but forgot to post it. Hey ho! had both jabs some time back for Covid - Astra Zeneca - but had quite an a...