Friday, April 12, 2019

Lifestyle choices, Diets and Supplements: Only Sticking Plasters

I pretty much came to the conclusion that trying all these things was beneficial to a certain degree but they weren't really treating the core problem. The core problem being that my body was attacking itself, and this initial fault lies somewhere in my genes. I had an autoimmune disease that was slowly debilitating my physical and cognitive abilities.

The list of my issues were (this is not an exclusive list):

  • poor bladder control and extreme urgency in needing to go to urinate
  • inability to feel my fingers on both hands which made doing pretty much anything difficult lack of sensation on the skin of my stomach legs and feet and an altered sensation in my intestines
  • worsening ability to walk straight and with the coordination
  • general coordination issues
  • inability to run in a coordinated fashion
  • the range of my walking was decreasing so that I could walk about a kilometre at my top range with some short-term focused deficits 
  • some short-term memory deficits
  • some word selection deficit
Considering all of these ailments and worsening disability, I felt pretty impotent in being able to do anything about it since the NHS was unable to prescribe any meaningful treatment for PPMS. I started to research around the subject and one thing kept coming up again and again.

HSCT - Haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.


https://www.mssociety.org.uk/about-ms/treatments-and-therapies/disease-modifying-therapies/hsct






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Covid Jap Update - An Overdue Post!

 I actually recorded this ages ago but forgot to post it. Hey ho! had both jabs some time back for Covid - Astra Zeneca - but had quite an a...