Friday, April 12, 2019

The Initial Symptoms

My multiple sclerosis story started probably some three years ago or so. My first symptoms that I experienced were a lack of sensation in my fingertips. I put this down to nerve damage in my back and saw an NHS physiotherapist who did some work to try to remedy my situation. However, after a long time, nothing really seemed to work.

After my fingers continued to get worse, which can surprisingly affect you over a large number of things you do, I started to get further symptoms. For example, my bladder control seemed to be a lot more feeble and I had a definite sense of urgency in order to get to the toilet on time. I was starting to lose some of my coordination in walking and certainly in running. Whilst trying to teach PE at school, I really noticed that my coordination was becoming increasingly affected. I was also starting to stumble around a little bit with some foot flop at certain times of the day.

As time went on, I collected probably eight different symptoms that, when I went to see the doctor, they would only offer reasons for one or two of them.

Here is my video that explains the initial stages of my MS. Sorry about the lighting on the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Covid Jap Update - An Overdue Post!

 I actually recorded this ages ago but forgot to post it. Hey ho! had both jabs some time back for Covid - Astra Zeneca - but had quite an a...