Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Stem Cell Reinfusion

Arguably, the most demanding time at the treatment is the stem cell reinfusion. This is the crucial period where they are putting back the stem cells that they previously harvested before you have your four days of chemotherapy. The fewer bags they harvest, the easier the reinfusion is. I had 3 bags harvested and so had three bags to put back in…


A full bag of stem cells, freshly thawed...



Now empty, injected back into my neck.


Dr F. feeling my pulse.


Lots of infusions. The nurse on the other side is reinjecting my stem cells through a wide syringe that fits into one of your neck catheter slots.

And the video, of course:



You can see from the video that at times I struggled, particularly with the third bag, as far as the feeling in my chest was concerned. The pressure mounts as they inject more of the stem cells into your body and I felt like there were something like weights on my chest. This was the most uncomfortable I felt during a whole 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Covid Jap Update - An Overdue Post!

 I actually recorded this ages ago but forgot to post it. Hey ho! had both jabs some time back for Covid - Astra Zeneca - but had quite an a...